Out Door Burn Permits

January 1, 2001, the Department of Ecology imposed new regulations on outdoor burning and designated all of the Fire Districts west of the Pilchuck River as a "NO BURN" area. This change outlaws all types of outdoor burning except recreation fires, three feet in diameter maximum, in these areas. To see if you fall in the "NO BURN" areas, please click here for a map outlining those locations within our district OR you can call our headquarters location at 360-568-2141 and we would be happy to assist youPuget Sound Clean Air Agency enforces these regulations. For any problems regarding air pollution and probable illegal burns, contact them at 1-800-552-3565. Please DO NOT call 911 to report these situations.


The District has decided to allow residents to print burn permits from home. In order to receive a burn permit or to renew, please read the steps below. ABSOLUTELY NO PERMITS WILL BE PHYSICALLY ISSUED FROM ANY OF OUR STATIONS AT THIS TIME.

The Burn Permit that we issue you is valid for 30 days. It allows you to burn residential yard waste in a pile not larger than four feet (4') in diameter and three feet (3') high. Our permit has specific requirements to ensure safety for everyone. Those requirements are listed below.

1.) New Permits

  • Email ( Samantha@snohomishfire.org ) to request a burn permit. In your email you must provide your name, address, phone number, the date, and  indicate that you have read the Burn Permit Regulations listed below.  After receiving your request, office staff will email you back with a Burn Permit.

  • PRINT the provided permit. Your Burn Permit MUST be physically available AND SIGNED.

2.) Permit Renewals















Snohomish Fire District 4 is not allowed to issue permits for land clearing fires, agricultural fires, or ceremonial type fires under Department of Ecology rules. Under current Department of Ecology rules, recreational fires may be conducted in all areas of the District without a permit.